Teaching Resource Creator
AcevilleLocation:- Colchester Closing Date:- Thursday 24th October 2019
Aceville Publications is looking for a talented primary school teacher to take on a challenge outside of the classroom and develop education resources for its new website www.plazoom.com .
Creating inspiring and time-saving teaching materials that meet the needs of teachers and pupils is central to the role. This includes everything from coming up with new ideas for resource collections and templates, through to writing content and developing appealing layouts with our team of designers. Working to weekly deadlines, you’ll be highly organised and able to manage your time efficiently and effectively.
An eye for detail is a must, and editorial experience that complements your teaching background will be an advantage, as you work to ensure resources are free from mistakes, beautifully presented and intuitive for teachers and pupils to use.
Excellent knowledge of the primary curriculum is key and you’ll be expected to seek the views of teachers and work with our digital teams to discover what resources are in demand and why.
You will also be adaptable and able to respond positively to feedback in order to develop and improve resources from conception through to publication on the website.
If you enjoy thinking about and creating content for the classroom, please get in touch.
As a Teaching Resource Creator you will:
- Write new teaching resources for KS1 and KS2 teachers and pupils, based on your knowledge of the national curriculum and schools
- Work with our designers to establish classroom friendly layouts and formats for teaching resources
- Develop new ideas for teaching resources, and contribute to ideas from other members of the team
- Write resource descriptions and titles that will improve our search rankings and demonstrate the strength and appeal of our products
- Support the wider education department as necessary
Skills and attributes required:
- Experience as a primary school teacher
- Impressive subject knowledge
- Evidence of having created appealing resources for the primary classroom
- A high standard of written English
- Able to demonstrate great organisational skills and time management
- A knowledge of the wider teaching resources market and what is popular in schools
- Experience of working in a publishing / editing role
- Specialist / advanced knowledge of the primary maths or English curriculum
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter.
This is permanent position, working 37.5 hours per week from our Colchester Office. We offer a generous package including an excellent Pension, a competitive salary, and many more staff discounts and benefits.