Senior Data Engineer
FindmypastLocation:- Dundee Closing Date:- Friday 23rd August 2019
- Full stack engineering, working in collaborative cross–functional teams alongside product members.
- Continuous improvement and learning – we have a self-directed daily learning hour, mentorship, and engineering guilds.
- Engineering practices like pair programming, TDD, continuous integration & deployment, small and regular commits to master.
- A lean-agile environment, DevOps culture and flat hierarchies.
What We’re Looking For:
- Experience with data platform technologies such as hadoop, spark, storm, kafka, flink.
- Experience using SQL.
- Experience of database administration.
- Comfortable working from the terminal in Linux/Unix.
- Good knowledge of a few programming languages (e.g. Python, Java, Ruby, Perl etc.).
- A hands-on approach to getting stuff done.
Desirable skills and experience:
- Docker experience.
- Kubernetes experience.
- Focus on quality, with testing experience and a willingness to pair collaboratively.
We’re passionate about making Findmypast a great place to work and setting people up to succeed. Benefits include:
- Life Assurance
- Health cash plan
- Dental cash plan
- 30 Days Holiday + 4 Bank Holidays
- Corporate gym discounts
- Cycle to work
- Season travel tickets
- Monthly Company Lunch
- Full stocked kitchen and fresh fruit
- Regular Social Events
- Subscription to Findmypast website