Picture Researcher, Scottish Magazines
DC Thomson MediaLocation:- Dundee Closing Date:- Monday 1st April 2019
DC Thomson Media is looking for a Picture Researcher for their portfolio of Scottish magazine titles.
We need a strong communicator with excellent deadline management skills, a dedication to sourcing the best image for the job and a determination to negotiate the most favourable rates. Liaising with editors and graphic designers, you will manage picture acquisition for a growing portfolio of Scottish Magazines. Including The Scots Magazine, Living and Scottish Wedding Directory plus several additional publications. You will assume responsibility for managing image budgets, sourcing hi-res files and general image administration.
With multiple deadlines each week, the successful candidate should demonstrate an ability to meet tight deadlines while maintaining the highest standards.
- Sourcing images through appropriate channels
- Negotiating fees and securing copyright clearance.
- Working with editors, content journalists and design staff to ensure brand values are reflected visually
- Maintain records and undertake necessary administration
- Contributing to generation of content ideas, problem solving and brand development ideas.
- An excellent eye for the right image
- Previous picture researcher experience
- Ability to work under pressure
- Negotiating skills
- Working knowledge of GDPR and IPSO Codes of Practice
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter
This is a full-time, permanent position, working 35 hours per week from our Meadowside Office. We offer a generous package including 34 days holiday, Health Cash Plan, Onsite Staff Gym, excellent Pension, a competitive salary, and many more staff discounts and benefits. While the primary responsibility is for the Scottish portfolio, there will be opportunities to work with Picture research colleagues on our Women’s Magazine portfolio.