DC Thomson MediaLocation:- Dundee Closing Date:- Monday 27th May 2019
DC Thomson Media has an exciting opportunity for a Magazine Journalist to join the team of a fantastic new magazine project. This is a rare chance to join a brand at development stage and to contribute your own suggestions for a magazine packed with great reads.
You will be an exceptional features journalist with a passion for magazines. You’ll be bursting with enthusiasm and ideas and the know-how to turn those ideas into great reads.
You will be a brilliant multi-tasker and just as happy writing an in-depth feature as you are commissioning articles, liaising with contributors and interviewing celebrities. You will be organised and enjoy working to deadlines, whether you’re writing about the latest box sets, what’s new in health, or celebrity and human interest reads. You will feel equally at ease writing for print and digital platforms and your command of written English will be excellent. Your instinct for what appeals to mature women and what they love to read will be absolutely spot-on. Full driving licence required.
The successful candidate will be educated to degree level or have equivalent experience. Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Generating ideas and researching features
- Writing regular franchise features/your own stories – you will have a passion for writing
- Sourcing images and working with picture researchers to find fantastic shots
- Liaising with the design and production teams
- Being aware of current media law and legislation
- Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of what mature, modern women want to read
- Occasional out of hours working
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV, cover letter and three feature ideas.
This is a full-time, permanent position, working 35 hours per week from our Meadowside Office. We offer a generous package including 34 days holiday, Health Cash Plan, Onsite Staff Gym, excellent Pension, a competitive salary, and many more staff discounts and benefits.