Lead Network Engineer
BrightsolidLocation:- Dundee Closing Date:- Sunday 24th November 2019
Brightsolid is Scotland’s only dedicated and complete managed hybrid cloud services company. We are privately-owned and operated, committed to providing enterprise class secure and dynamic IT environments for Scotland and beyond. Our location, connectivity and credibility, combined with 20 years of industry experience, means we are the first choice as trusted advisors to help Scotland’s public and private sector realise the full potential and business benefits of the cloud. We focus on building strong relationships with our clients, deploying highly skilled people and world-class technologies in order to provide flexible solutions and services that rapidly generate tangible value. Our people are our most important asset; Brightsold is full of smart, driven people who are passionate about getting it right for our clients. Our people truly become a valuable extension of our clients’ teams.
Brightsolid are looking for an experienced, hands on Lead Network Engineer to lead their team of network engineers and to help shape their technical network strategy.
The Lead Network Engineer will configure, operate and aid in troubleshooting complex network systems. This is an exciting role working within our network operations department which liaises with our service desk, project management team, design and commercial departments.
You will be joining a friendly, skilled team with a large amount of experience in the data centre industry; this position will be an opportunity for career development in a growing, forward-thinking organisation.
- Lead the network team
- Design network infrastructures to suit the requirements given
- Produce a high standard of documentation and diagrams for work carried out.
- Configuration and troubleshooting of complex networks
- Supporting internal & customer infrastructures across multiple sites
- Create and execute some of our more complex Change Requests
- Liaise with customers & other departments to understand requirements
- Ensure that our customer & internal networks are optimally configured, and all devices are running the latest recommended software.
- Mentoring fellow team members and helping them to develop their skills.
- Maintain appropriate knowledge and professional certifications as necessary
- Work alongside our security team to ensures that all work is compliant and consistent with the needs of our Information Security Management (ISMS – 27001: 2013) and Business Continuity Systems
Essential requirements for the role:
- Configuration and troubleshooting of the following technologies:
- Proven diverse experience of design and delivery of WAN/LAN solutions
- Understand of Routing Protocols (BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, RIP)
- Switching technologies (spanning-tree, VTP, DTP, Port Security)
- VRF Routing
- Cisco IOS, IOS-XE and NX-OS operating systems
- Cisco ASA/Checkpoint/Fortinet firewalls – High Availability.
- ACL management
- Cisco Security Technologies – Firepower/Umbrella/AMP
- IP SLA
- Configuring RA and L2L VPNs
- Network Management Tools e.g. Solarwinds & Wireshark
Experience of the following:
- Working within a NOC
- Experience of working within ITIL frameworks
- Agile methodologies and working within a PMO driven environment
- Extensive experience with monitoring/logging tools and troubleshooting
- Load Balancing technologies, hardware and software
- Data centre technologies
- Dell Networking switches
- F5 Load balancers
- Experience of resource/people management
- To be knowledgeable and interested in the future of your business area’s technologies; informing the business and helping to shape future strategies.
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter.
This is a full-time, permanent position, working 37.5 hours per week from brightsolid’s Dundee office. We offer a generous package including 34 days holiday, Health Cash Plan, excellent Pension, a competitive salary, and many more staff discounts and benefits.