Lead Full Stack Software Engineer
FindmypastLocation:- London Closing Date:- Sunday 20th October 2019
Findmypast are looking for Software Engineers that want to make a difference to join our growing London team. We want passionate people that use the right technology for solving problems and like to deliver in a lean-agile environment. Together we try to find new ways to create a great experience for all our users at all times. Above all, your work will impact the way people research social and family history.
What you’ll do
- Develop and deploy user experiences with a focus on usability, high availability, low latency and scalability.
- Manage and support a small team of 3-4 engineers through a detailed progression framework, daily learning hour.
- Support timely delivery of technical solutions to address business needs.
- Continuously improve our product by innovating on the service through iterative development and experimentation.
- Facilitate collaboration with other engineers, product owners, and designers to solve interesting and challenging problems for delivering new family history experiences.
- Advocate and advance modern, agile software development practices and help develop great engineering practices.
- Grow a healthy, collaborative engineering culture in line with the company values.
- You will take operational responsibility for the services that are owned by your team.
- Work in an environment that supports your individual growth through a detailed progression framework, daily learning hour and attending conferences.
Who you are
- You are experienced coding in one or more languages outlined in our tech stack below.
- You love learning and will appreciate our self-directed daily learning hour, mentorship, and engineering guilds.
- You know and care about sound engineering practices like pair programming, test-driven development, continuous integration/continuous deployment.
- You love working as part of a team.
- You have a deep understanding of system design and data structures.
- You care about quality and you know what it means to ship high quality code.
The London Team
As one of our London engineers you will join one of our product delivery or platform teams offering you a wide variety of work. We operate in autonomous cross-functional teams of engineers, designers, analytics and product. Our working practices help us move fast but help us keep our pace sustainable and maintain a strong work-life balance. We are situated in Shoreditch along Rivington Street, just a two-minute walk from Old Street station.
Our tech stack
One of the leading websites for family research in the world, Findmypast has helped to transform the way people learn about their ancestors. With over 10 billion historical records, we work tirelessly to digitise the world’s archives and help people discover and share their family stories. 18 million users have registered with our products and services around the world, which include Findmypast, Genes Reunited, and the British Newspaper Archive.
We’re a British-owned company of 150 based in Shoreditch, London and Dundee, Scotland with offices in Ireland and the United States. We work in small, collaborative, cross-functional teams to solve customer and business problems. Our work combines technology and innovation with personal human stories, and we enjoy celebrating success together. There are tech demos weekly, a monthly lunch for everyone, and parties and charity activities during the year. In a continuous learning environment and a fast-moving market, there are real opportunities to gain new experiences and make a lasting mark on our product, business, and customers.
Benefits vary by location.
We’re passionate about making FMP a great place to work and setting people up to succeed. Benefits include:
- Life Assurance
- Health cash plan
- Dental cash plan
- 26 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Corporate gym discounts
- Cycle to work
- Season travel tickets
- Monthly Company Lunch
- Full stocked kitchen and fresh fruit
- Regular Social Events
- Subscription to Findmypast website