Head of Brand, Content and PR (Maternity cover)
FindmypastLocation:- London Closing Date:- Sunday 3rd February 2019
One of the leading websites for family research in the world, Findmypast has helped to transform the way people learn about their ancestors. With over 9 billion historical records, Findmypast work tirelessly to digitise the world’s archives and help people discover and share their family stories. 18 million users have registered with their products and services around the world, which include Findmypast, Genes Reunited, and the British Newspaper Archive.
Findmypast are a British-owned company of 150 based in Shoreditch, London and Dundee, Scotland, with offices in Ireland and the United States. They work in small, cross-functional teams to solve customer and business problems. Their work combines technology and innovation with personal human stories, and they enjoy celebrating success together. There are tech demos weekly, a monthly lunch for everyone, and parties and charity activities during the year. In a continuous learning environment and a fast-moving market, there are real opportunities to gain new experiences and make a lasting mark on their product, business, and customers.
As the interim Head of Brand, Content and PR, you’ll be responsible for building and activating their brand across all consumer touch points in the UK, US, Ireland and Australia
Please note that this role is for 10-12 months (maternity leave cover) and the start date would be around February 2019.
What You’ll Be Responsible For
- Leading our evolving brand strategy development, content and PR, driving awareness and the right brand associations across all markets.
- You will be the go-to brand champion in the organisation, always ensuring we have our target consumer in mind.
- Ensuring the business is bought in to and aligned with the brand vision and is able to deliver against the defined customer needs.
- Building strategic brand partnerships to extend our reach and awareness.
- You will be responsible for leading the product marketing plan to our target consumer and drive brand awareness and product uptake.
- You will also lead our social, influencers & PR strategy, working with the team to create content for them.
- You will brief and manage a team to deliver product communications that are impactful, consistent and relevant to consumers in the UK, US, Ireland and Australia.
- You will ensure that all our comms have a business impact and be responsible for evaluating ROI, as well as tracking the development of key brand metrics.
- You will partner with the growth and CRM teams to ensure that all comms and campaigns are always on brand.
- You will lead, motivate and develop a high performing brand, PR & content team of 3 direct reports and 3 indirect reports matrix structure.
What We Are Looking For
- Strong background in delivering global brand strategy, assets and campaigns.
- Key collaborator with a passion to drive change and influence.
- Ability to build 360 go-to-market product marketing campaign plans and execute them.
- To develop social media channels, video and content calendars in alignment with the brand/ content & product strategy.
- Comfortable putting together clear briefs for creative agencies/brand consultants/internal design team.
- Excellent project management skills with an eye for detail and high standards of execution.
- Ability to combine a balance of commercial results-delivery with creative and entrepreneurial flair.
- Natural collaborator who works well with a range of teams. You will have strong communication skills and be able to influence across locations / geographies to get things done.
- Proactive, positive and passionate about family history and DNA.
- Experienced leader who can move easily between being strategic and operational needs.
- Excellent communication skills; written, verbal, listening.
- Deep experience of brand and content management.