Group Product Manager – Ecommerce
FindmypastLocation:- Dundee Closing Date:- Friday 3rd August 2018
We’re looking for an experienced product manager to help shape the future of one of the world’s leading family history companies. Findmypast has more than 9 billion historical records and 18 million registered users globally, and has helped transform the way people learn about their ancestors. Family history is a high-growth market that is changing quickly, with the introduction of new products and technologies. In this role you will help make it easier for people to find, explore and buy family history products.
This role will manage direction and delivery of our mobile, website, subscription and payments products to ensure our customers have seamless end-to-end experiences across products and devices. Working with colleagues, you will build product plans and prioritise initiatives that are informed by customer insights, market trends, commercial imperatives and our current platforms, as well as inspired by the fast-moving technology landscape.
You’ll understand that a great team is essential for success and you’ll work on building a high-calibre team who are experts in mobile and ecommerce. Coaching a team of product owners, you will build a collaborative culture that values data, good design, and efficient, repeatable processes. With your team, you’ll be able to explain the ‘why’ and ‘how’ of the product in order to bring to life product roadmaps. You will also manage the budget and ROI for our ecommerce products and will be able to reflect on the costs, customer impact and commercial value of product initiatives.
Your passion for excellence will be infectious, and you’ll know how to influence without simply telling people what to do. You’ll love getting into the detail and will help others to see how it relates to the long-term vision. The group product manager will work in close partnership with product engineering, content and brand teams to create simple journeys that delight our customers.
- A track record of shipping and managing successful ecommerce products at scale, perhaps in an ecommerce or social business. Experience with mobile, SEO and the US market are a plus.
- You’ve led product teams, coached agile and lean thinking, and created robust and repeatable product practices. You’ll know how to help a product team harness experimentation, analytics, UX and user testing to inform product direction.
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills. An excellent communicator at all levels. Able to build strong, collaborative relationships with cross-functional leaders in technology and marketing
- A demonstrable interest in family history (historical records, family trees, research methodologies) as well as new technologies and innovations in the market (DNA, ML, Blockchain, VR for example), and passionate about customer experience. You’ll have the ability and interest to learn any of these topics quickly, and coach product owners on your team to do the same.
- A hands-on problem-solver: you spend your time working out possible solutions rather than explaining why it can’t be done. You’ll show a bias for action, releasing customer facing product frequently and getting things done. You’ll understand consumer products both from a customer and technology point of view and will help teams around you to do the same.
- Think globally with an ability to build products that are global in nature but localised in key areas, so as to resonate in local markets (specifically in the US and UK).
- Travel regularly to our London office; occasional to the US.
One of the leading websites for family research in the world, Findmypast has helped to transform the way people learn about their ancestors. With over 9 billion historical records, we work tirelessly to digitise the world’s archives and help people discover and share their family stories. 18 million users have registered with our products and services around the world, which include Findmypast, Genes Reunited, and the British Newspaper Archive.
We’re a British-owned company of 150 based in Shoreditch, London and Dundee, Scotland, with offices in Ireland and the United States. We work in small, cross-functional teams to solve customer and business problems. Our work combines technology and innovation with personal human stories, and we enjoy celebrating success together. There are tech demos weekly, a monthly lunch for everyone, and parties and charity activities during the year. In a continuous learning environment and a fast-moving market, there are real opportunities to gain new experiences and make a lasting mark on our product, business, and customers.
Benefits vary by location.
We’re passionate about making FMP a great place to work and setting people up to succeed. Benefits include:
- Life Assurance
- Health cash plan
- Dental cash plan
- 26 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Corporate gym discounts
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work
- Season travel tickets
- Monthly Company Lunch
- Full stocked kitchen and fresh fruit
- Regular Social Events
- Subscription to Findmypast website