Full Stack Software Engineer
FindmypastLocation:- Dundee Closing Date:- Sunday 16th June 2019
One of the leading websites for family research in the world, Findmypast has helped to transform the way people learn about their ancestors. With over 9 billion historical records, we work tirelessly to digitise the world’s archives and help people discover and share their family stories. 18 million users have registered with our products and services around the world, which include Findmypast, Genes Reunited, and the British Newspaper Archive.
Do you want to make a difference and join our growing Dundee team? We’re looking for passionate people who use the right technology for solving problems and like to deliver in a lean-agile environment. Together we try to find new ways to create a great experience for all our users at all times. Above all, your work will impact the way people research social and family history.
What you’ll need
- You’ll deliver user experience improvements in core areas of our product, often as A/B tests, with the aim of affecting critical business metrics.
- You’ll work on a broad and varied range of projects, across a range of technologies and domains, often learning and problem-solving as you go.
- You’ll collaborate closely with other Engineers and other members of the company, as part of an autonomous, cross-functional team.
- You will take operational responsibility for the services that are owned by your team and buy into a DevOps culture.
- Work in an environment that supports your individual growth through a detailed progression framework, a mentoring programme, daily learning hour and attending conferences.
Who you are
- You have significant commercial software engineering experience.
- You’re an advocate of lean-agile software/product development and have experience of applying these principles in a commercial (preferably e-commerce) environment.
- You love learning and will appreciate our self-directed daily learning hour and opportunities to widen your skill-set.
- You know and care about sound engineering practices like pair programming, upfront automated testing, continuous deployment, and trunk based development.
- You love working as part of a team.
The Dundee Team
In February 2018 we moved into the new state of the art DC Thomson offices at Meadowside in Dundee city centre. As one of our Dundee engineers you will join one of our three product delivery teams or two platform teams offering you a wide variety of work. We operate in autonomous cross-functional teams of engineers, designers, analytics and product. Our working practices help us move fast but help us keep our pace sustainable and maintain a strong work-life balance.
Our tech stack
We’re passionate about making FMP a great place to work and setting people up to succeed. Benefits include:
- Life Assurance
- Health cash plan
- Dental cash plan
- 30 Days Holiday + 4 Bank Holidays
- Corporate gym discounts
- Cycle to work
- Season travel tickets
- Monthly Company Lunch
- Fully stocked kitchen and fresh fruit
- Regular Social Events
- Subscription to Findmypast website