Findmypast are looking for software engineers that want to make a difference to join our growing Dundee team. We want passionate people that use the right technology for solving problems and like to deliver in a lean-agile environment. Together we try to find new ways to create a great experience for all our users at all times. Above all, your work will impact the way the people research social and family history.
What you’ll do
- Design, develop and deploy user experiences with focus on usability, high availability, low latency and scalability
- Collaborate closely with other engineers and become a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional team
- You will take operational responsibility for the services that are owned by your team and buy into a DevOps culture
- Work in an environment that supports your individual growth through a detailed progression framework, daily learning hour, engineering guilds and attending conferences
- Continuously improve our product by innovating on the service through the usage of A/B tests
Who you are
- You are comfortable coding in one or more programming languages and are up for learning more
- You love learning and will appreciate our self directed daily learning hour, mentorship, and engineering guilds
- You know and care about sound engineering practices like pair programming, upfront automated testing, continuous deployment, and trunk based development
- You love working as part of a team
The Dundee team
As one of our Dundee engineers you will join one of our three product delivery teams or two platform teams offering you a wide variety of work. We operate in autonomous cross-functional teams of engineers, designers, analytics and product. Our working practices help us move fast but help us keep our pace sustainable and maintain a strong work-life balance. In February 2018 we will be moving into the new state of the art DC Thomson offices at Meadowside in Dundee city centre.
Our tech stack