FindmypastLocation:- London Closing Date:- Monday 4th March 2019
Findmypast are one of the leading websites for family research in the world, Findmypast has helped to transform the way people discover their ancestors. We work tirelessly to digitise and preserve the world’s national archives for future generations to enjoy. We’re a British-owned company with millions of registered users across a plethora of websites including Findmypast (UK/US/IE/AU), Genes Reunited and The British Newspaper Archive (UK/US/IE/AU). Our goal is to make discovery seamless for our users by surfacing the most relevant and personalised experience – drawing from our inventory of over 9 billion records. Family history is a high-growth market that is changing quickly, with the introduction of new products and technologies and we’re looking for the best people to help us on this journey. An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our Finance Team as a Finance Analyst; you will play an important role in delivering relevant, accurate and timely reporting of key financial performance, including monthly reporting & variance analysis, budgeting and forecasting & ad-hoc decision support.
If you join us, you’ll get to:
- Ensure the accurate and insightful delivery of an agreed suite of weekly, monthly and ad-hoc reports that provides stakeholders a clear understanding of performance on key metrics.
- Coordinate and challenge the input from other areas of the business – seek to continually improve on the quality of the packs and commentary.
- Review monthly management accounts, working with the Dundee finance team, and ensure accuracy and understand variances to expected results.
- Be an expert user with our key systems – working with our Dundee reporting team to ensure the integrity and maintenance of the reporting systems (BOARD, Microsoft Dynamics).
- Take a proactive role in developing, enhancing or redesigning key FP&A processes.
- Play a key role in the budget and forecast process.
- Establish collaborative working relations with his / her peers within the business, as well as with the Financial Reporting team based in Dundee.
- Work with the business and end users to understand business requirements, and translate this into commercial finance models.
Essential skills and experience
- Part qualified/newly qualified Accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA).
- Strong Excel skills.
- Excellent written communication skills, along with well-developed interpersonal skills and an ability to relate to a variety of individuals.
- Reporting is the fundamental purpose of the role – accuracy and dealing with large volumes of data are essential to success.
- With strong personal organisation and time management skills, you will have the ability to self-manage coupled with the ability to flex and think outside of the box.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative.
- A team player.
- Familiarity with finance systems, such as Microsoft Dynamics/BOARD.
Desirable skills and experience
- Experience of online subscription companies is desirable.
- Experience of budgeting and forecasting is desirable.
- An interest in family history.
Benefits vary by location.
We’re passionate about making FMP a great place to work and setting people up to succeed. Benefits include:
- Life Assurance
- Health cash plan
- Dental cash plan
- 26 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Corporate gym discounts
- Cycle to work
- Season travel tickets
- Monthly Company Lunch
- Full stocked kitchen and fresh fruit
- Regular Social Events
- Subscription to Findmypast website