The Stylist GroupLocation:- London Closing Date:- Friday 13th December 2019
Stylist has a unique opportunity for an experienced print editor to join our award-winning team. Working alongside the Editor-in-Chief, the Executive Editor, Print, will be responsible for leading our excellent print editorial team to create our award-winning weekly magazine for intelligent women The Executive Editor, Print, will also work closely with our commercial teams and creative agency, Stylist Studios. This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious and experienced editor or deputy editor to move into a more strategic, leadership position.
The successful candidate will not only be an expert in magazine craft, a strong leader and manager, and full of creative ideas, but also to maintain the strong Stylist brand voice and be able to increase Stylist’s brand fame.
Key responsibilities include:
• Leading and managing the print editorial team, ensuring the magazine is sent to press each week to deadline and budget
• Working with the Editor-in-Chief to implement the Stylist brand vision and editorial initiatives
• Leading the creative vision for print, ensuring the magazine is packed with innovative ideas and executions targeted at the Stylist audience, with a specific focus on concept covers.
• Working alongside digital, video, email and event teams on cross-platform innovations
• Co-ordinating commercial and editorial and supporting our internal creative agency with branded content briefs
The Executive Editor, Print, requires:
• Proven editorial skills and management experience at a senior level
• Training as a print, digital or broadcast journalist with a “nose” for the story and the ability to spin for the Stylist audience
• The ability to lead and inspire large teams of creative people
• A passion for print journalism and an eye for design
• Project management skills to manage editorial schedules and deadlines
• A willingness to embrace change and to work within a collaborative team
• An ability to innovate and create, alongside the art director, unique, award-winning concept covers