DC ThomsonLocation:- Dundee Closing Date:- Monday 10th December 2018
DCT Media has a fantastic opportunity for a talented Design Editor to lead the design of an exciting new magazine project.
This is a rare opportunity to join the team at development stage and to add your ideas to the look and design of the project.
Ideally, you will have experience of leading a graphic design team and you will have a real flair and passion for design. Those with strong applications, design experience and a desire to “step up” to the next level may also be considered.
With extensive magazine graphic design skills and a proven track record, you will work with the Editor to drive visual development of our new magazine brand, ensuring it is appealing to both readers and commercial partners. You will also ensure all production deadlines and requirements are met. It will help if multi-tasking is second nature to you, too.
The key responsibilities of this role will include:
- Managing and motivating a small design team in a deadline and creativity-driven environment
- Designing magazine pages, covers and packages with stylish visual impact, in keeping with style guides and brand values
- Sourcing images
- Leading design team performance to respond to business and customer needs.
- Contributing innovative ideas and designing artwork to brief
- Monitoring staff performance and ensuring development, training needs and personal development plans are followed through
You will be degree qualified or equivalent, a proficient user of Adobe Creative Cloud, familiar with content management systems and have an instinctive understanding of what appeals to an audience of mature, modern women.
The successful candidate will also possess excellent communication skills and feel at ease working to strict deadlines and style guides.
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter.
This is a full-time, permanent position, working 35 hours per week from our Meadowside Office. We offer a generous package including 34 days holiday, Health Cash Plan, Onsite Staff Gym, excellent Pension, a competitive salary, and many more staff discounts and benefits.