Cloud Systems Engineer
brightsolidLocation:- Aberdeen or Dundee Closing Date:- Sunday 25th August 2019
The Cloud Systems Engineer will be responsible for designing and building cloud network, compute, and storage architectures using the cloud service provider’s best practices.
Additionally, the Cloud Systems Engineer will be responsible for deploying, configuring, securing, and monitoring common services. These services include automation tools, SecDevOps Tools, and container management environments. Experience with cloud native and/or open source automation tools is a must.
The Cloud Systems Engineer will build, configure, maintain and troubleshoot a wide variety of systems and services. The Engineer must be highly motivated, you will be able to work autonomously and would also be expected to mentor less experienced/knowledgeable colleagues. You will have excellent written and verbal skills and be expected to produce documentation to a high standard. You will be expected to interact with peers and customers alike either gathering information, working on design installation of projects and troubleshooting complex issues. You will have strong time management and reporting abilities.
Key Requirements include: –
- Related experience.
- Proven experience developing infrastructure solutions within Microsoft Azure and/or AWS
- Proven experience with scripting automation tools such as Azure Resource Manager, CloudFormation, Ansible, Terraforms, Puppet, PowerShell, or similar tools
- AWS Certified Architect and/or Azure Certified Architect
- Experience developing full end to end automation scripts for the deployment of database and/or middleware platforms using automation tools such as Puppet or Ansible
- Experience patching database platforms using automation tools such as Puppet or Ansible.
- Experience with provisioning, configuring, and maintaining database platforms within Commercial Cloud Service Providers
AWS & Azure Architecture and implementation experience is a must.
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter.
This is a full-time, permanent position, working 37.5 hours per week from either brightsolid’s Dundee or Aberdeen office. We offer a generous package including 34 days holiday, Health Cash Plan, excellent Pension, a competitive salary, and many more staff discounts and benefits.