D.C. ThomsonLocation:- Dundee Closing Date:- Friday 18th August 2017
The individual who fills this role will have an understanding of the various types of data that exist, the many issues that data presents, a basic understanding of how to transform and manipulate data into meaningful and actionable information, a basic understanding of data visualisation techniques and also will possess strong problem solving capabilities. The successful candidate will work with the digital and editorial teams to add context to the figures and assist in advising on actions to be taken to achieve business targets to ensure we dominate our digital marketplaces both for magazines and newspapers.
The trainee analyst’s role is to apply their digital knowledge to support the wider business in the achievement of the businesses KPIs.
- Working with stakeholders to translate their requirements into reporting deliverables
- Identifying, analysing and interpreting trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Assisting the analytics team with dashboard and report generation
- Assisting in the development of performance metrics
- Delivering ad hoc reports
Specific skills required include:
- Love for all things data and a passion for discovery and problem solving
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Excellent time management
- Strong communication skills both written and oral
- Knowledge of data analysis tools, data modelling and cleansing
This is a full-time position, permanent working 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday, working from our Meadowside Office. We offer a generous package including 34 days holiday, Health Cash Plan, Onsite Staff Gym, Childcare Vouchers, excellent Pension, a competitive salary, and many more staff discounts and benefits.