Service Desk Manager
brightsolidLocation:- Dundee Closing Date:- Monday 26th February 2018
brightsolid own and operate world class data centres based in Scotland. Our customers require highly available, secure and reliable hosting solutions which are under pinned by excellent data centres, managed by a passionate team. We home mission critical IT services and as such we put the utmost importance on ensuring our facilities operate to the highest standards at all times.
The Service Desk Manager is responsible for managing our Service Desk Analysts and Engineers, to ensure a strong focus on both technical delivery and high levels of customer care. The successful candidate will ensure there is good communication between our business and our customers at all times and working with our Service Management Team to ensure that we are surpassing our customer’s expectations. You will ensure customer requests are dealt with the appropriate level of expertise and urgency, ensuring the Service Desk are passing requests to the correct business areas and maintaining a good awareness of the general wellbeing of our customers. As the Service Desk are responsible for monitoring and reacting to any service alarms, the Service Desk Manager is expected to instil an appropriate sense of urgency around any incident responses, acting as incident manager where needed and coaching and also supporting others in the team to fulfil this role.
- Assist the Service Management team in creating Service Reports from statistics obtained from the ticket management system and explain potential customer “hot spots”.
- Ensure the team effectively manage 1st and 2nd line support for brightsolid’s customers.
- Ensure the team respond to all monitoring alerts in a timely fashion, invoking the incident management process when appropriate.
- Liaise with customers regarding any change requests / potential issues / complaints.
- Motivate and lead the Service Desk staff to deliver world class levels of service for all customers.
- Encourage and support the Service Desk staff to increase their knowledge and bridge their skills gaps by completing regular reviews and appraisals, setting objectives and identifying training needs.
- Liaise with the wider Operations team to ensure resources are allocated appropriately and in line with the customer/stakeholders OLA/SLA.
- Participate within the Incident Management Team, including leading incident response where necessary.
- Responsible for ensuring achievable and measurable KPI’s are assigned and achieved and implementing Performance Management when necessary
- Participate in the Change Management process
- Provide support and resources required to maintain our required Information Security and Business Continuity certifications including but not limited to ISO 27001, ISO 22301 and Cyber Essentials Plus
- Budget responsibility for all capital and operational expenditure connected to operating the Service Desk
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Proven motivation and leadership skills, leads by example.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and manage incidents professionally and effectively.
- Ability to look objectively at problems and be able to consider business improvements to prevent similar instances happening in the future.
- Ability to interrogate data and provide statistics for the management Team.
- A can do attitude and an understanding and awareness of how providing excellent customer service is key to Business success.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven people management skills including excellent inter-personal skills to manage and motivate staff
- Experience in data centre, cloud provider or IT environment.
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- A technical background would be advantageous.
- ITIL certification at V2 or V3
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter.