Senior Product Manager
FindmypastLocation:- Dundee Technology Park Closing Date:- Sunday 30th July 2017
Findmypast is in a period of sustained growth and expansion, both in the UK and the USA, as it looks to capitalise on the growing interest of consumers to understand their personal heritage and to leave a legacy for future generations of their family.
As a business built on data we have unique insight in to the past, unrivalled by companies like Google and Facebook and we are planning significant new product development in the coming months. In order to make that happen, we need a great product person to join our growing team in Dundee, Scotland whist working closely with our other offices in London.
The role of the Senior Product Manager is aimed at exploring, defining and executing on new business opportunities that create appeal to the user demographic.
This is a strategically important role and will require an exceptional individual who is driven, focussed, organised and has experience as part of a start-up team and is comfortable with that environment and associated needs and challenges.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Developing a deep understanding of unmet customer needs and related competitor offerings.
- Conceptualize solutions that are innovative and at the same time realistic to execute on
- Iteratively deliver those solutions to achieve validated learning towards product/market fit
- Defining hypotheses and the necessary metrics to enable validated learning
- Develop MVP strategies to enable rapid insight to be captured through the Build/Measure/Learn loop
- Regular reporting on progress/outcomes to ensure transparency and support for the efforts of the Product Management team
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Prior experience as a product manager in an external consumer facing role
- Prior experience of working with Solution Architects, external APIs and Partner organisations
- Strong understanding of technical strategy e.g. SSO, married with excellent Product Management skills
- Prior experience of working with uncertainty/ambiguity and forging a path forward nonetheless
- Working knowledge of Lean product management methodologies having used them within a recent role
- Ability to observe customer behaviour given a target segment and discern customer needs, desires and objectives (both functional and emotional)
- Ability to summarize customer needs and propose / design (in conjunction with a larger team) solutions the same
- Ability to prioritize solutions based on business impact and forecast outcome of the same.
- Past experience leading product and engineering teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively across cultures and time zones
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Prior experience as a product manager in an enterprise / B2B facing role
- Comfort working in a start-up or new business environment
- Previously worked in an outcome focussed Product Engineering team where experimentation is the norm
One of the leading websites for family research in the world, Findmypast has helped to transform the way people discover their ancestors. We work tirelessly to digitize and preserve the world’s national archives for future generations to enjoy. We’re a British-owned company with 18 million registered users across a plethora of websites including Findmypast (UK/US/IE/AU), Genes Reunited and The British Newspaper Archive (UK/US/IE/AU) and The British Newspaper Archive.
We’re a passionate bunch of people who take pride in everything we do. Constantly innovating to ensure we remain a leading force in the world of family history, we only hire the best people for the job. In return we offer a vibrant workplace with excellent perks and formal benefits.