Findmypast helps 18 million registered users uncover their family heritage. We do this through a portfolio of online experiences and a wealth of proprietary data. With ambitions to grow and enter new markets, we need a great product person to help make that happen.
You’ll be based in Dundee and work closely with our London office. You’ll be comfortable with ambiguity and have experience discovering and delivering new business opportunities using lean principles, ideally in a start-up environment.
- Know our customers better than they know themselves and use this understanding to continually surpass their expectations
- Balance innovation with realism to push the boundaries of the family history industry
- Be scientific by default – define your hypotheses, metrics and approach and be obsessed with learning
- Get everyone behind your vision – clearly articulate and create enthusiasm for it
- Bring this compelling vision to your cross-functional team and work collaboratively to make it happen
- Be a thought leader for the business and always challenge yourself and others to work smarter
- Work with stakeholders at all levels and proudly report your progress and achievements
Essential Skills and Experience:
- You’ve product managed complex customer facing products end-to-end
- You’ve integrated with external APIs and have experience working closely with external partners
- You’re comfortable discussing architecture design with Developers and/or Solution Architects
- You are comfortable with uncertainty and determined to always find a way to move forward
- You have strong well-informed opinions but are open to being convinced otherwise
- You have experience using a breadth of lean practices, but you’re not a slave to them – you understand the underlying ideas to find the best way forward
- You’ve worked in cross-functional teams with designers, developers and data analysts to realise your vision
- You have a strong commercial awareness and understand how commercial realities influence your product decisions
- You’re well-versed in writing user stories (ideally using BDD), running retrospectives, planning sprints and all other common Agile practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You’re comfortable working across cultures and time zones
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Experience working in a new business environment, such as a start-up, new product team or incubator for example
- Worked in an outcome focused organisation where experimentation is the norm
This position is likely to include some travel between our offices in London and Dundee.
We want to build the best product management team possible!