Senior Network Engineer
brightsolidLocation:- Dundee Closing Date:- Friday 25th August 2017
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Network Engineer to join brightsolid.
The Senior Network Engineer will configure, operate and troubleshoot complex network systems. This is an exciting role working within our Network Operations Department which liaises with our service desk, project management team, design and commercial departments. You will be joining a friendly, skilled team with a large amount of experience in the data center industry; this position will be an opportunity for career development in a growing, forward-thinking organisation.
The role of a senior network engineer means you must be highly motivated, you will be able to work autonomously and would also be expected to mentor less experienced/knowledgeable colleagues. You will have excellent written and verbal skills and be expected to produce drawings and documentation to a high standard. You will be expected to interact with peers and customers alike either gathering information, working on design, installation of projects and troubleshooting complex network issues. You will have strong time management and reporting abilities.
The successful candidate must be certified as a Cisco CCNP routing and switching, and have extensive, in-depth experience in a networking role. Other certifications would be advantageous, particularly vendor certifications. You will also be expected to take part in our on-call rota supporting the estate and reporting back to the incident management team. It is also essential you have a driving licence and access to transport and be willing to undertake work on BrightSolid and customer sites through the UK.
- Configuration and troubleshooting of complex Cisco networks
- Maintain appropriate knowledge and professional certifications as necessary
- Take responsibility for any assigned projects
- Supporting all customer infrastructures across multiple sites
- Create and execute Change Requests
- Liaise with customers to understand requirements
- The optimal operation of ISP Core Network
- Produce work proposals and document any work undertaken
- Design network infrastructures to suit any requirement
- Developing other team members
Essential Requirements for the role:
Configuration and troubleshooting of the following technologies:
- Static routing
- Networking technologies
- Cisco IOS, IOS-XE and NX-OS operating systems
- VRF Routing
- IP SLA
- Cisco ASA/Checkpoint/Fortinet firewalls
- ACL management
- Configuring RA and L2L VPNs
- Traffic inspection
A good general knowledge of additional technologies is required e.g.
- Windows Server operating systems 2008-current
- Virtualization e.g. Hyper-V, VMware
- Cisco UCS
- Ensures that all work is compliant and consistent with the needs of our Information Security Management (ISMS – 27001 : 2013) and Business Continuity Systems