DC Thomson & Co LtdLocation:- Dundee Closing Date:- Friday 27th January 2017
Are you creative, organised and a total boss at meeting deadlines? Then we need YOU! An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Magazine Journalist to join the Boys’ Magazines team. Reporting to the Editor, you will work to acquire and produce entertaining content for a number of titles, projects and brand extensions within the Boys’ Magazines portfolio.
The ideal candidate will:
- Create fun, informative and engaging features for the specified audience.
- Be up to date with everything 7-12-year-old boys want to read about, and have an infinite amount of ideas that we can turn into great content every issue.
- Have excellent proof-reading skills and be able to spot a rogue apostrophe from a mile off.
- Be organised, efficient and excellent at hitting multiple deadlines.
- Be a pro on social media and have lots of suggestions about how we can drive up our likes and followers across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube. Video editing skills are a bonus.
- Instinctively know what is and isn’t right for the brand and give feedback to external and internal contacts as required.
- Be brimming with creative ideas for cover sells, covermounts and content that will give our titles shelf pop and ensure we continue to drive sales.
- Build relationships with key internal and external contacts and attend press events as and when required.
- Maintain brand values and consistency of tone and ensure everything is age appropriate.
The successful candidate will be educated to degree level or have equivalent experience. You should have an awareness of copyright laws and codes of practice and be able to demonstrate meticulous attention to detail. In addition, it is anticipated you will have excellent communication, interpersonal and IT skills, and a passion for publishing.
This is a temporary contract until end of July 2017.
Please note that this role will be based in our Kingsway office until approximately the end of March 2017. We will then move to our Meadowside office in Dundee city centre.