IT Helpdesk Analyst
DC ThomsonLocation:- Dundee Closing Date:- Sunday 25th February 2018
An excellent opportunity has arisen within the IT department for an IT Helpdesk Analyst based in our Meadowside Office.
If successful, you will play a vital support role to our staff based around the UK. You will be housed at our newly refurbished Meadowside offices in Dundee and part of a fully integrated and multi-skilled service support team, responsible for the support, administration and maintenance of DC Thomson’s Information Systems.
- Act as a single point of contact for phone calls and emails from staff regarding IT issues and queries
- Receiving, logging and managing calls from internal staff in person or via telephone and email
- support – troubleshooting of IT related problems from in-house software to hardware, such as, Laptops, PCs, Printers
- Troubleshoot basic network issues.
- Escalate unresolved calls to the Operations team and provide on-site support for this team until problem resolution.
- Log all calls in the service desk call logging system (TrackIT)
- Take ownership of user problems and follow up the status of problems on behalf of the user and communicate progress in a timely manner
- To maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles
- Publishing support documentation to assist staff with requests for information & provide staff training if required
- Basic Active Directory knowledge. Creating user accounts, reset passwords, create groups etc.
- To arrange for external technical support where problems cannot be resolved in house.
Knowledge, Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience in a similar role
- A recognised Information Systems or Technical Qualification.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently.
- Ability to work with users to understand requirements and translate them into functional and technical requirements and solutions.
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter.
This is a full-time position for 35 hours per week, working from our Meadowside Office. We offer a generous package including 34 days holiday, Health Cash Plan, Gym Discount,Childcare Vouchers, excellent Pension, a competitive salary, and many more staff discounts and benefits.