Digital Product Designer
FindmypastLocation:- Dundee Closing Date:- Wednesday 28th February 2018
Findmypast is one of the leading websites for family research in the world. We work tirelessly to digitise and preserve the world’s national archives for future generations to enjoy. We’re a British-owned company with 18 million registered users across a plethora of websites including Findmypast (UK/US/IE/AU), Genes Reunited and The British Newspaper Archive.
We’re looking for a talented, ambitious, Product Designer to join our team in Dundee. It’s a really exciting time to join the Findmypast Design Team – we’re expanding, working with Agile processes in cross functional teams. Millions of customers trust us to give them the tools they need to build their family tree and discover their ancestors. It’s a great opportunity to make an impact on an industry ripe for disruption.
We believe in:
- The value of great design – it’s what differentiates our products in a crowded market place
- The value of data, but we aim to be data-informed, rather than data driven
- We like to work hard, but we like to laugh and have fun while we’re at it
The successful applicant will:
- Have a bias for action
- Leave their ego at the door
- Have excellent communication skills
- Love shipping product
- Always put the customer at the heart of your work and advocate for their needs to the rest of your team
- Have a positive, can-do attitude and be a team player
- Want to deliver meaningful, experiences that matter to customers
- Have a lean approach to design
- Be as comfortable exploring ideas with pen and paper as you are with high-fidelity designs
- Love facilitating workshops, and encourage co-creation in cross functional teams
- Want to take an active role in shaping the culture of design at Findmypast
Requirements for this role:
- 4-6 years’ experience in digital design
- A proven track record of shipping products
- A portfolio full of great projects, with numbers to back them up
- Experience leading projects
- A good mix of both UX and UI skills
- A proven ability to turn customer insights into executed design
- An in-depth knowledge of Sketch or Adobe CS Suite and prototyping tools like Invision, Flinto, JustInMind and Marvel.
You will also have knowledge / experience (and a healthy scepticism) working with:
- Modern approaches to software development including agile (Scrum/Kanban) and Lean
- UX methodologies and project artefacts
- OKR, 4DX frameworks
- A/B and MVT testing for experimentation and optimisation.
- The latest design and tech trends
- User testing, innovation games and customer interviews
- Google analytics dashboards, conversion funnels
We want to build the best product design team possible! Please apply now.