Gin Kin Online Editor
DC Thomson & Co LtdLocation:- Dundee Closing Date:- Friday 20th October 2017
The GinKin is a newly launched digital community dedicated to what is fast becoming the country’s favourite drink. The GinKin is by gin lovers, for gin lovers and is a joint venture by some of Scotland’s most trusted and respected news titles.
The team behind The GinKin aim to celebrate the success of the UK gin market and bring you the story of the best brands and the people who make them. The GinKin will also be packed with information on the best gin bars and you can also mix things up with our in-depth guide to gin cocktails.
And we are looking for a Gin loving content creator to join our team. As well as being an experienced journalist you must be able to spot commercial opportunities that assist our commercial colleagues and understand commercial opportunities around the content itself.
Key to the user journey, is that the content is so passionate/compelling/influential that the journey doesn’t end with the content – it encourages the user to carry on to purchase.
We want someone who can recommend gin, pubs and clubs and any gin related products. We need to research them and offer opinion on our favourites.
We also need someone who will help build our network of gin contacts, affiliates, partners and PRs.
Initially we are looking to fill a 5 month full time contract.
- Write creative copy on products and services and make opinion based recommendations
- Research to establish affiliate partners on a national and local level
- Be creative and passionate
- Be able to write about multiple topics of interest
- Tag content appropriately
- Write and embed relevant links
- Use SEO effectively, understand how to write for search engines and social media
- Market content using PPC and social channels and groups
Key is to:
- Work with audience/data team in digital to identify product launches
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter.
This is a full-time, temporary position for 5 months, working 35 hours per week, working from our Meadowside Office. We offer a generous package including 34 days holiday, Health Cash Plan, Onsite Staff Gym, Childcare Vouchers, excellent Pension, a competitive salary, and many more staff discounts and benefits.