From our HQ in Shoreditch, we are building a new platform based on Elixir, React and Node! This new platform will handle the 2 million daily page views we have across our sites helping surface billions of records.
We believe engineers should be empowered to create solutions in an environment where the best idea floats to the top, rather than a top down approach!
We can offer the opportunity to:
- Embrace functional programming, learn and master Elixir, Phoenix, React, Node and others
- Be part of a TDD culture, employing SOLID principles, focussing on design patterns
- Work in a lean agile environment with a flat hierarchy and pairing
- Work on the latest architecture paradigms and technical challenges
- Join a strong DevOps culture and manage our continuous integration and deployment with Teamcity
Besides Elixir, React and Node, we also use technologies such as Apache Solr, Microsoft SQL Server, Riak, Redis, Neo4j, RabbitMQ, etc. We also have a mix of traditional MVC and SPA applications written in ASP.net, Node, React, Angular, Coffeescript.
You are welcome to check out our tech blog here: http://tech.findmypast.com
The successful applicants will have:
- At least 3+ years commercial coding experience
- Experience working on scalable web applications, services, APIs or high traffic sites is desirable
- An open mind to being a full stack developer – even if it’s not 50/50 back/front dev!
- Passion for quality (e.g. TDD / BDD) and hunger to be a lifelong learner
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process.