From our HQ in Shoreditch, we are building a new platform based on React, Node and Elixir! This new platform will handle the 2 million daily page views we have across our sites helping surface billions records.
We are hiring for developers with a passion for front-end development, you will get a chance to work with new technologies like React / Node and GraphQL while also building functionality in our in-house style guide using your HTML and CSS skills. If you are currently, or are interested in working full-stack you will have the opportunity to do so although this is by no means compulsory.
We care about testing our UI using modern testing frameworks like Mocha, Enzyme, JSdom, Cucumber.js and Selenium. We also believe engineers should be empowered to create solutions in an environment where the best idea floats to the top, rather than a top down approach!
We can offer the opportunity to:
- Embrace functional programming, learn and master React, Node, GraphQL and other exciting tech!
- Be part of a TDD culture, employing SOLID principles, focussing on design patterns
- Work in a lean agile environment with a flat hierarchy and pairing
- Work on the latest architecture paradigms and technical challenges
- Join a strong DevOps culture and manage our continuous integration and deployment with Teamcity
Besides React and Node, we also use technologies such as Apache Solr, Microsoft SQL Server, Riak, Redis, Neo4j, RabbitMQ, Elixir, Phoenix etc. We also have a mix of traditional MVC and SPA applications written in ASP.net, Node, React, Angular, Coffeescript.
You are welcome to check out our tech blog: http://tech.findmypast.com
The successful applicants will have:
- At least 2+ years commercial coding experience
- Experience working on scalable web applications, services, APIs or high traffic sites is desirable
- An open mind to being a full stack developer – even if it’s not 50/50 back/front dev!
- Passion for quality (e.g. TDD / BDD) and hunger to be a lifelong learner
- A passion for UX would be an advantage
We want to build the best tech team in London!