Event Sales Consultant
DC ThomsonLocation:- Dundee Closing Date:- Sunday 11th February 2018
We are looking for a sales focused individual to join our events sales team.
This exciting newly created role requires you to be proactive in generating new business, while maintaining strong working relationships with existing clients. You’ll have the opportunity to network and identify commercial opportunities locally and nationally utilising our events portfolio; establishing a profile and reputation across all key segments.
The role will also involve day to day management of social media channels, with a particular focus on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook to maximise engagement and revenue opportunities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an outgoing personality.
- Strong self-motivation with a proactive mentality.
- A will to succeed in negotiation and objection handling are central to any sales environment, therefore you must be determined and resilient, constantly looking for new solutions to problems.
- Time management and attention to detail are the cornerstone to success, so being able to adapt and prioritise is essential.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook), Google Suite would be advantageous.
- Event knowledge would be a benefit, however not essential.
- Achieve monthly revenue targets.
- Present credentials to local advertisers and be able to leverage advertising sales.
- Provide accurate monthly revenue figures and forward projections to line manager.
- Oversee client relations and keep company information contacts up to date.
Sales experience and working closely with blue chip clients would be a benefit. Previous B2C/B2B advertising sales experience is also preferable.
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit:
- A CV
- A cover letter
This is a full-time, permanent position working 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday, from our Meadowside Office. We offer a generous package including 34 days holiday, Health Cash Plan, Onsite Staff Gym, Childcare Vouchers, excellent Pension, a competitive salary, and many more staff discounts and benefits.
For further information, please visit careers.dcthomson.co.uk
Closing date for applications is Sunday 11th February ‘18