DC Thomson MediaLocation:- Dundee Closing Date:- Thursday 24th May 2018
The Digital Department provides DC Thomson with an experienced and enthusiastic Digital resource that builds and maintains DC Thomson’s digital portfolio of products.
WordPress motto – “code is poetry.”
We need you to have a deep ‘into-the-guts’ understanding of WordPress. You will have demonstrable experience in building multiple themes and plugins, and possibly even contributed to WordPress Core. Finding elegant solutions to complex problems is what motivates and inspires you. You are up-to-date with the latest, greatest trends and technologies because you are engaged in the open source community and aim to build software that keeps us moving forward.
Technical expertise aside, key to your success will be effective communication, people skills and an ability to work in a fast-paced / agile environment.
Core technical skills and experience:
• An emphasis on building cross-device and crossbrowser websites and web applications.
• Advanced proficiency with PHP.
• Experience running and developing on Linux.
• Experience with MySQL and / or MariaDB (or similar).
• The ability to iterate and ship ideas quickly, taking responsibility for meeting the Product requirement.
• Must be comfortable with customer-facing roles including support and documentation.
• Experience using revision control software (git).
Desirable skills and experience:
• Contribution to open source projects either through work or personal efforts.
• WordPress.com VIP experience and / or training.
• Portfolio of publicly available websites which you have had a lead role.
• Any exposure and experience of Elasticsearch and / or Magento.
• Any exposure to Wagtail CMS and / or Django framework.
• Exposure to Agile methodology.
• Proficiency with Python
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter.
This is a full-time, permanent position, working 35 hours per week, working from our Meadowside Office. We offer a generous package including 34 days holiday, Health Cash Plan, Onsite Staff Gym, Childcare Vouchers, excellent Pension, a competitive salary, and many more staff discounts and benefits.