Business Intelligence Analyst
FindmypastLocation:- London Closing Date:- Wednesday 15th August 2018
Findmypast is the technology company behind the online genealogy brand Findmypast and the social history brand The British Newspaper Archive. We have millions of registered users and billions of records that we can surface to them.
What you will be working on:
At Findmypast we are hiring a Business Intelligence Analyst to join our Data Analytics team in London. This is a fantastic opportunity for the successful candidate to be responsible for the collation and management of the data used by our reporting and analytics team.
The mission in Analytics is to balance being both a responsive and proactive function that helps the business to make the right decisions, faster. We are data evangelists, we work to optimise the product, the conversion funnel and our marketing channels while ensuring key stakeholders are provided with the right (and accurate) information at the right time.
The majority of our data lives in MSSQL servers, and our front end reporting system is PowerBI. Consequently the successful candidate will have practical experience with the Microsoft BI stack. We also pull in data from several external data sources such as SurveyMonkey, GoogleAnalytics and Google BigQuery.
Required Skills & Experience
- 2+ Years of commercial experience
- SQL Server 2012+ experience
- Experience with Data warehousing & replication
- SSAS / DAX / Tabular Models (2016 preferable)
- ETL / SSIS knowledge
- Excellent documentation skills
- Worked with single customer views and/or CRM systems
Desirable Skills & Experience
- PowerBI (or similar) / SSRS
- SQL Server 2016
- Google BigQuery
- Experience working in Agile environment
- Demonstrable commercial awareness
Benefits vary by location.
We’re passionate about making FMP a great place to work and setting people up to succeed. Benefits include:
- Life Assurance
- Health cash plan
- Dental cash plan
- 26 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Corporate gym discounts
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work
- Season travel tickets
- Monthly Company Lunch
- Full stocked kitchen and fresh fruit
- Regular Social Events
- Subscription to Findmypast website
To apply for this role please follow our online application process.